My "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" Birthday Party! #POstables SEE HERE:


Dear Friends,

Today you're invited to attend my birthday celebration - a few days early!

Ever since the pilot movie of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" aired on our TV's back on October 12, 2013, I was completely captivated by this inspirational movie. Getting to know the characters of Oliver, Shane, Norman, and Rita more fully over the course of one television season and multiple movies has been an enormous gift for myself, and I know many viewers. The "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" fan base, the POstables, are incredibly supportive of the series and why wouldn't they be? Each story is an absolute treasure, a true masterpiece! Who knew so much mystery and drama could revolve around one written letter (or package, sometimes) and trying to solve who it was sent from or to whom it is being mailed to?

So... with my overwelming fondness of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered," I decided a few years back to have a "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" themed birthday party. Ever since then, I've been meaning to share a few pictures, but I just hadn't found the right time I guess. Well, since my birthday coming up this weekend is the exact day of the "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" marathon (Saturday, April 3, 2021) on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, I thought this would finally be the perfect time to share my "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" cake and party décor with all of you!





First of all, the cake, my Ma-Ma's Million Dollar Pound Cake! It was actually my Grandmother's Mother's recipe and possibly went back several generations in our family, and all these years later, it's my absolute favorite!

The birthday cake was two tier with the top layer wrapped in brown fondant to look like a standard box for mailing. My Momma, Sister and I worked on it together; we used baker's twine around the box, and we carved indentations on the side to look like box creases.

To get the look of the bottom tier is a little trickier, you'll need to stack several layers of cake and have the postcard image printed with edible ink on wafer paper or frosting sheets. There are many bakeries that are able to offer this service, you'll have to call around in your area to ask. Or, there are places you can do this online, too. As you can see from the pictures, the image of the postcards we used came from the table cloth.

On the very top of the cake is a figurine of a girl holding a card and standing by a mailbox, by artist Kim Anderson. I used to collect those adorable pieces from our local Hallmark store. The actual name of the figurine is (you won't believe it!)... "Signed, Sealed, Delivered!" When I saw that printed on the bottom, I was truly shocked. I thought the sweet figure would be perfect on top of the cake, but initially, I had no idea the piece was literally named "Signed, Sealed, Delivered!" It nearly felt like my very own "devine delivery" moment! If you're interested, you can sometimes find this sweet Kim Anderson figurine on Amazon or most likely, Ebay. In fact, I recently saw several at Ebay - *Click Here to see!*


(Please note: I am an affiliate with Amazon and Ebay; therefore, when you click on links to these merchants on this site and make a purchase, this may result in this site earning a commission.)




The cupcakes, I recall, were especially fun to do! I printed out a few images of the "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" cast, plus greeting cards and stamps and attached them all to cupcake picks. Along with those, my Momma, Sister and I decorated the cupcakes with owls, crowns, envelopes, stars and flowers - all made of sugar!

One of the cupcake picks said Miss Special Delivery, so I was sure to include a crown and owl with that one - for Rita! My favorite thing, however, were the little sealed envelopes made of sugar, with a heart on top. My sister found them at a bakery shop, and I just loved them!






For the garland above the birthday table, we hung twine and attached ribbons and greeting cards with clothes pins. The cards were mostly ones I've collected over the years from my precious family, from all sorts of holidays and occasions. One of the most meaningful cards was one my Ma-Ma (my late Maternal Grandmother) handmade for my birthday when I was a little girl. I'm pretty sentimental, so having it there was very important and special to me. In fact, having all of those lovely greeting cards there from different stages in my life, felt like I was surrounded by the love of my family and friends, past and present... what a blessing!




I hope you enjoyed seeing my "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" birthday party in pictures. How I wish I could deliver a fresh slice of birthday cake to each of you this weekend as I celebrate my day with family this year! I'll send my love to you all instead and across the miles, from my home to your home, I hope we can all watch some of the "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" marathon on Saturday together!

Sincerely yours, Net




"Signed, Sealed, Delivered" Marathon Schedule
on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
Saturday, April 3, 2021:

SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED - THE SERIES
Time to Start Livin' - 10 AM
To Whom It May Concern - 11 AM
Soulmates - 12 PM
The Masterpiece - 1 PM
The Edge of Forever - 2 PM
The Future Me - 3 PM
Something Good - 4 PM
Dark of Night - 5 PM
The Treasure Box - 6 PM
A Hope and a Future - 7 PM
Signed, Sealed, Delivered: From Paris With Love - 8 PM







My "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" Birthday Party! #POstables SEE HERE: My "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" Birthday Party! #POstables SEE HERE: Reviewed by E Y on April 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.